Sunday, March 21, 2010

DIY: Homemade wreath

I like to have a wreath on my front door, and I really like for it to reflect the season. It's finally feeling like spring here in Calgary, a city infamous for its unpredictable weather, so I wanted something cheery. I also wanted something simple, so I bought a can of lime spray paint and a $5 grapevine wreath from Michaels. Then I went to town, and sprayed it probably about four times on each side. I finished it with a coat of clear glossy spray.



Then I used some spare gray fabric (suit lining, actually), and cut a bunch of circles and folded them and sewed them together. I used a technique similar to this one.

 You can see the flowers better in the image above than you can on my wreath.



Anyway, I'm really happy with the results, and I just love the colour! It's my new favourite colour, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...