Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bathroom Redesign

I was tired of the poopy colour in my downstairs bathroom.

 
Ick. Not sure what the previous owners were thinking with that one.

See? Poop.

Anyway. I decided to redo it this weekend.


The colour is Sea Glass by Martha Stewart.

The front towel is from Anthropologie, and the red one is from Ikea. The two sweet little birds were crosstitched by my cousin when she was about 14.

And now....

ddddaaadaaadaaaaDAAAAAAAAAAA!



Book thatched wall!

I got the idea from the fabulous Aunt Peaches, whose wall is totally rockin'. Case in point:



I used one of my favourite books, I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak.

I coloured the edge of the book with red sharpie.

Hook from Anthro.

The lamp's from Ikea.

Love it!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Like the redisgn on the site, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmmmmm..........IT IS SO LOVELY!!!!!
    I feel so posh in it! True Story, my sister is a design genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks darlings! I am so loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super nice, Erin! I love the wall - love that book too. It's a nice alternative to magazines in the bathroom (which I think is yucky!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!

    I never linked the book wall to bathroom reading, but I suppose it is a bit of a less tacky way to spend some time on the toilet. Sorry, that was kind of crass. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...