Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie

It's my turn to bring snacks to choir Thursday night. I also have to help supervise at my school's fringe festival on tonight so I wouldn't have much time to make anything time consuming tonight. It sounds like the perfect opportunity to make aged chocolate chip cookies!


I've made these delicious cookies before. I read about the recipe ages ago in a New York Times article which featured pastry chef Jacques Torres's ultimate chocolate chip cookies.

The secret to his cookies, aside from the fact that he serves them warm, is that the batter is aged 24 to 36 hours in the fridge before baked. This really develops the flavour of the dough and the cookies end up being way more delicious than regular chocolate chip cookies.

So I made the dough using Jacques Torres' recipe on Tuesday night and will bake them up Wednesday night. With a sprinkle of sea salt, they will be heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...